I'm probably a bad person
As most of you know I volunteer at a therapeutic horseback riding facility that teaches people with disabilities how to ride horses. This is a good thing I do.
Recently, because of the change in weather, we have reduced the number of classes and I go out on Tuesdays instead of Saturdays and have a whole new group of kids to work with. The first Tuesday class has little children in it, kids between 4 and 6 specifically. Today I happened to get out in the arena a little early with my horse Jasper and watched as the kids and their parents arrived.
There are two little girls in the class. One, the one I work with, only knows about 3 words right now and has a very distinctive way of purring everything she says. She really has an adorable raspy, purry way of saying "hi" if you can imagine. Another little girl doesn't pronounce words and is very excitable. Whenever she sees the horses she starts roaring loudly and jumping up and down as high as she can. This is also adorable.
So today the purry girl is dressed in a huge puffy pink coat with a furry hood and rainbow striped leggings. The jumpy girl has a big blue coat and red hat with tassels. When my girl sees the other come in she starts purring "hi" and goes in for a hug. The other girl, seeing the horses and all the people, gets excited and starts roaring and jumping as high as she can. My girl seems determined to give the other girl a hug and proceeds to chase her around with her pink marshmallow arms outstretched while the other girl, oblivious to my girl, continues to roar and bounce around.
All the parents are aww-ing and encouraging the each of the girls to interact with her "friend."
Needless to say, they let this go on for a very long time.
And her I am out in the middle of the arena and it's all I can do to keep from falling over myself because I all I can think about is how I am watching a real life Pokemon battle.
My girl did not get her hug in the end... which I think means she lost.


No comments:
Post a Comment