Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm sorry, I can't engage with you now, I'm too busy creating meaning

Me:
Hey, if you or your girlfriend are interested in getting out of Iowa City and meeting some non-film/art people I volunteer and help people with disabilities learn to ride horses. I go Saturday mornings, you could come along.

Co-MFA:
Oh, we can't do Saturdays.

Me:
Well, I'm thinking of adding an extra day, I've been a little bored. Maybe that will work better for you.

MFA:
You're bored?

Me:
Uh.

MFA:
How could you possibly be bored?

Me:
Mostly I just want to add another day. I really like the volunteer thing.

MFA:
Why would you do that? Shouldn't you be making films during that time?

Me:
Well, you're right. I probably should be making art for art's sake instead of donating my time and skills to help less fortunate members of my community.

MFA:
...when you put it that way.

No comments: