Waay ahead of his time.
It was my first day back at Miracles and also the big 20th anniversary celebration. Many of the students, volunteers, and community members came out for the lessons, demonstrations, and horse-face cake.
I helped out with the drill team demonstration, which basically meant I walked around with a lead rope for 20 minutes while the very independent students did their thing to some god awful music clearly picked simply because it had the word 'miracle' in the title.
Luckily, I got to stand with one of my favorite students who I haven't seen in months.
And, somehow, in those months he got waaay cooler.
Here's why he is cooler than me:
First he bleached his hair, not white-ish, but yellow. YELLOW, yellow.
Next, he was sporting some neon pink shades (almost famous sunglasses, but pink all over)
Matching stonewashed jeans and jean jacket which had been hand altered with neon orange, yellow, pink, and green signatures and drawings (I assume from his transition center comrades)
Black Chucks with neon pink laces
and, because he has to sit through the same drill team song every week waiting for his own lesson, he had choreographed his own dance which he performed just for the very few of us on top of one of the back tables.
Total rock star.


No comments:
Post a Comment