Thursday, March 25, 2004

Twust in Jesus

I'm allergic to Tucson. Right now this whole place is in blossom, which basically means that the scraggly trees have scraggly little flowers that color clash with the tree next to them. There's one tree with little tiny orange blossoms on it.Except, the blossoms look like little tiny spiky poof balls about the size of a marble. Really ugly. It looks like if you plucked two off the tree, shoved a nail through them, then wore them as a pair of earrings accompanied with a glow stick you'd fit right in at a rave. The worst part, well besides me being allergic to them, is they smell. They smell like the sour orange perfume that people buy as body lotion at Victoria's Secret.

My friend Hillery, born and raised the fair state of Arizona, and I were walking out of class and we pass under one of the offending trees. As I contemplate whether or not i can make it to my next building without breathing she loudly exclaims, "That's the greatest smell in the world!"

No comments: