Sunday, December 17, 2006

I guess it's time to go

I went to the Media Arts department on Thursday looking for Vicky Westover so I could talk about grant money to attend a conference in February. Frustratingly she is holding limited office hours right now and was no where to be found, again. On the way out I decided to turn right instead of left and walk out towards the cafe, unusual, but I thought I deserved a coffee treat for my day’s misfortune.

As I walked toward the glass doors I noticed a boy standing at the bottom of the outdoor stairs. He didn’t notice me, however, because his eyes were closed. He was standing squarely, feet shoulder-width apart, holding his right middle finger up to the Marshal Building. His face pointed up, but he wasn’t looking at anyone or anything.

When I got through the doors I paused for a second at the top of the stairs in front of him. He didn’t move or look at me. I wished I had my camera on me (which I usually try to).

I couldn’t stand there for very long because three girls came out right behind me. They got very quiet when they saw him.

I wish I had a picture, though, of that boy taken from where I was standing, looking down at him from the perspective of the Marshal Building.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: