Thursday, May 19, 2005

Well, it's good to be home and to be swamped by work again. I haven't slept in two nights because I've been working the late shift at the restaurant(10pm-4am) and a few 12 hour shifts here and there. Not to mention I was hired as a caterer this morning and the owner wanted me to work a long shift today too. I told him no expecting to come home to a nice long nap waking up only for dinner out with my father. But, of course, here I am dicking away on the internet.

The plane ride home was a long one with a three hour layover and an hour and a half delay to top it off. Lucky for me the cat seemed to sleep through the entire thing. I, however, was not so fortunate and was forced to talk to just about EVERYONE in the Denver airport. We talked about all the important things like what's my cats name and what their cat's name is and did I have to drug him because once they had to drug their cat. I was also easy entertainment for all children and no parent seemed to hesitate to send their restless little ones over to "Look at the kitty!" Needless to say I heard a lot of, "I have a cat at home, he's black and white and his name is oreo but I haven't seen him in like five months and my friend has a cat and he's grey and his name is smokey and he hasn't seen him in like 3 months." (true story, by the way)
Honestly I was beginning to seriously consider running away as a viable option too.

Oh well, we're home now. Kitty is being over fed while I am being chastised by my mother for not taking good enough care of him.

I'm thinking it will be diet time come the move back to Arizona.

No comments: