Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I don't know how I could have forgotten this

Maybe it's because it took me almost a year to finally get around to discussing it here, but I totally forgot about the BEST PART of this story:

So immediately after class I called my sister who I had a missed call from.

Amy: OH MY GOD.

Me: No, me first! Seriously, oh MY god.

Amy: Ugh. Fine go.


So I tell her the whole story. It takes the entire twenty minute walk home.

(and keep in mind, I'm really upset. I've been on the verge of tears for at least an hour now.)

I finally make it home and kick off my shoes. I'm barefoot and feeling the tiniest, tiniest bit better. I finish my story.

Amy: That sucks, it's my turn.

Me: Fine, go.

Amy starts talking about whatever the hell it is Amy wanted to talk about and I take about three steps into the kitchen. I feel something. Immediately I know what it is.

It's a dead animal.

I don't even put my entire weight on my bare foot against dead, furry OOZING animal before I LOSE MY SHIT.

I collapse onto the floor in a fit of uncontrollable sobs. I cannot speak. I cannot even breathe. I cannot even pronounce the words DEAD BAT for at least 2 minutes.

Me: (incoherent, possibly dieing)

Amy: What? What's going on?! STOP IT. You had your turn! Listen to me!

Me: (I don't know if I was even breathing at this point. I just had the worst day of my graduate experience and now there is DEAD BAT residue on my BARE FOOT)

I writhe on the floor. The cat is confused.

Me: Whimper. Ok, I'm OK.

I look at the bat and start sobbing again. At this point instead of giving a shit about the fact that I am having a major emotional breakdown, my sister starts screaming the second half of her story to me. I am still crying and haven't taken a full breath in at least five minutes.

Amy tells her her story (whatever the HELL it was about) and I pull it (hardly) together.

She finishes and I grab a paper towel to scoop up the dead bat and toss in the kitchen trash can.

Me: That sucks. Ok, I need to go take a two hour shower now.

Amy: Ok, I'll talk to you later.

Me: Ok, bye.

1 comment:

notcarina said...

you are such a liar! i condensed my story into about 30 seconds and i was totally sympathetic the whole time. you never cared about my story. its all carina carina carina bat carina ALL THE TIME!